- Keep all candles out of direct sunlight although all of our candles contain UV inhibitor, direct sunlight will fade their color.
- Keep lit candles from drafts and ceiling fans - the draft will cause the candle to burn unevenly.
- After extinguishing your candles always re-center your wicks.
- Always keep burn pool free of debris such as wick trimmings.
- Containers may be reused but not for anything that is heated.
- Please always read and follow the individual caution labels that are attached to the bottom of all of our products.
- Before placing votives in a holder add 1/8" of water to the bottom and the wax will be easier to remove.
- To extinguish candles, hold out one finger in front of flame and blow. The airflow around your finger will prevent wax from spattering.
- Floating candles can be floated in distilled water. This will eliminate the build up of minerals in your glass container.
- To remove leftover wax from votive holders and containers - put them into the freezer for a few minutes. the wax should pop out.
- To remove spilled wax - let it harden then cover with paper towel (white) or a piece of paper grocery bag. Apply a warm iron and the wax should adhere to the paper.
How to Safely Burn Candles
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Keep burning candles safely away from pets and children
- Wicks should be trimmed to 1/4" prior to lighting. This will increase the burn time and your candle will be less likely to smoke
- Votives should always be burned in a votive cup. They will burn better if there is a tight fit.
- Avoid burning candles in close proximity to flammable objects
- Do not attempt to move a burning or liquid filled candle
- Always burn candles on a heat resistant surface. This includes jar candles - the glass will get hot
- Do not burn a container candle lower than 1/2" from the bottom. The heat could break the glass.
Site Maintained by: The Digital Illusions Lab
All text, graphics and photos are the property of A Burning Desire. All Rights Reserved. Use of any content is prohibited without prior written authorization.